Olive Oil and Rosemary Popcorn, a perfect and easy snack!
This olive oil and rosemary popcorn add a slight twist to your normal popcorn. It would make the perfect snack for the big game without resorting to store-bought or microwave packets.
1/3 cup Popcorn kernels
2-3 tsp De Rustica Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1-2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
pink Himalayan salt (or just sea salt)
large sauce pan with lid
1. Place 2 tsp De Rustica extra virgin olive oil and 3-4 popcorn kernels in an oversized sauce pan (with lid) over medium-high heat.
2. Once they start to pop, add remaining popcorn kernels and 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, then replace lid.
3. As popcorn pops, move the pan back and forth slightly so that the popcorn on the bottom doesn’t burn.
4. When most of the popcorn is popped (around 4-5 minutes), or when popping sounds slow to almost stopped, remove from heat.
5. Garnish with sea salt to taste and extra rosemary sprig. Additionally, you can drizzle the remaining olive oil over the popcorn to add more flavor, but I usually leave this step out. Toss and serve.
Recipe credits go to: http://hejdoll.com/olive-oil-rosemary-popcorn/