What you think about butter or shortening doesn’t matter when deciding if you should try this recipe or not, because this Olive Oil Pie Crust isn’t sacrificing any flavor or texture!
- 2 2/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 160 ml. De Rustica Estate Medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 Tbsp. milk
- Mix the flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the oil into the flour/salt mixture with a pastry cutter.
- Add the milk (it will be wetter than typical pie dough!), and mix it in with a fork until combined.
- Roll half the dough out between sheets of wax paper (no sticking to the rolling pin!).
- Peel the top sheet of wax paper off the rolled dough and flip the crust over into the pan.
- Remove remaining sheet of wax paper.
- After you’ve filled your pie crust, repeat this rolling process for the other half of the dough.
- Seal edges of crusts and cut vents in top.
- Bake as usual, depending on the type of pie you are making.
Recipe from (https://www.sixcleversisters.com/olive-oil-pie-crust/)