An easy baked cheese appetizer that shows off the spectacular sun drenched flavors of the Mediterranean. Serve it with some toasted bread and watch it disappear!
- one block of feta (sold in the brine) about 300 gram, give or take
- 1/2 cup De Rustica Extra Virgin Olive Oil Intense
- juice of 1/2 large lemon
- 1 – 2 cups mixed olives
- 3 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- a few coarse grindings of black pepper
- Set oven to 180 Celcius
- Put the feta in a gratin dish or other small ovenproof dish that you will also serve out of.
- Pour the olive oil into the dish, followed by the lemon juice. Arrange the olives around the cheese, with the rosemary. I quarter the squeezed lemon half and throw that in as well. Sprinkle the red and black pepper over all.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbling. I loosely laid a sheet of foil over mine. You can finish under the broiler if you like for a little charring effect.
- Serve hot with toasted bread.
Recipe from: https://bit.ly/2xJUAkg